Purge-Away™ from Insul-Vest
Plastic "blow back", ‘purge’ or ‘drool’…ugly names for an expensive problem.
It can short out or damage heater bands, destroy insulation blankets, and dampen productivity through costly downtime for clean-up and repairs. Purge-Away™ is the only patented product to protect against blow back on plastic injection molding machines. Constructed of non-stick fabric (Teflon impregnated fiberglass), it resists plastic sticking to it, so purge can be easily removed. Simply let the plastic cool and peel it off.
To seal out plastic blow back, the front of the Purge-Away™ is held snugly to the nozzle by a O-spring sized specifically for your nozzle diameter. A similar system holds the bonnet in place around the barrel insulating jackets, as shown in the photo on the right.
Purge-Away™ can be designed with an insulating layer allowing use without insulation jackets. However, this design does not fully protect the barrel and heaters from plastic blow back.
The flexible design of the Purge-Away™ assures that it will not interfere with the molding process.
See the Features and Benefits of Purge-Aways below.
Features and Benefits of Purge-AwaysTM
· Reduces downtime for cleaning and repairs
· Reduces spending on heater bands and insulating blankets due to damage
· Easy to install, easy to clean, nothing to maintain.
· Teflon® impregnated fiberglass outer layer (Cold face) is super slippery. Plastic will not stick to it!
· Each Purge-Away™ is stamped with a part number to simplify re-ordering.
· Custom, insulated designs available.